Wills, Trusts, and Estate Planning
Ultimately, estate planning isn’t just about the assets. It's about protecting those who will be here after you're gone.
Looking after your assets after you’re gone is something that we all need to do. It’s also something that takes real skill to manage and shepherd.
The goal is to ensure that everything is managed in accordance with your wishes, and you need lawyers that are able to navigate this for you.
We are able to assist with:
- Advising on the impact of marriage agreements, including helping to manage things for clients in second-marriage contexts
- Arranging the transfer of assets using inter-vivos or living arrangements
- Assisting individual executors and trust company professionals
- Assist you in managing and minimizing taxes and probate fees
- Developing solutions that take into consideration your business assets
- Drafting representation agreements
- Implementing trusts and freezing estates
- Inter-generational estate planning
- Making sure plans are in place in the event of temporary or permanent incapacity
- The preparation of wills and power of attorney protocols
Ultimately, estate planning isn’t just about the assets — this is deeply personal territory and we always ensure to handle these matters with the care they deserve.